OpenVMS support and consulting
HP OpenVMS is a premium, general-purpose, commercial operating environment that delivers high-availability, scalability, security, industry-leading cluster technology, and enhanced flexibility to environments with extremely demanding database and transaction workloads.
One of the key components of OSSACs business is the support of the OpenVMS operating environment. That OpenVMS continues to be popular in its specific markets is testament to its top-level security, high availability, disaster tolerance, scalability, reliability, quality, and low-cost-of-ownership attributes.
The steady evolution of OpenVMS over the last three decades has mirrored—if not foreshadowed—industry trends, business requirements, and government regulations.
- The OSSAC support strategy is strictly focused on customer needs
- OSSAC helps existing users fluidly and cost-effectively transition and upgrade to newer software releases as well as to future generations of hardware including hardware emulation systems
- OSSAC helps new customers embrace the multiple benefits, features, and value of OpenVMS
Upgrade and Maintenance
- Design and redesign of OpenVMS based solutions, including clusters
- Installation of hardware and software
- Adaptation of existing systems to new requirements
- First, second and third line support
- Design and implementation of monitoring systems
- Generating periodically reports of performance relevant data
- Adaptation of the system according to the collected performance data
- Porting applications from different operating system versions
- Porting applications to new hardware (VAX -> Alpha -> Itanium)
- Porting applications to hardware emulator solutions